Post the COVID-19 pandemic, people have been dedicating more of their free time to the kitchen. We are either cooking a new dish or baking something exciting. Naturally, the usage of ovens has increased, and hence it has become essential to clean them regularly and maintain them. In this article, we will share the right way of cleaning your oven.
The right way to clean your oven
If your oven is full of grease and grime, then a good quality oven cleaner like Essex oven cleaners can help you remove them. Before you start work, make sure your kitchen has enough ventilation. Wear a rubber glove and safety glasses to protect your skin and eyes during the work. The steps to clean your oven are as follows:
- Start by removing everything from inside the oven.
- Use paper towels or your old newspaper to cover the floor area beneath your oven so that all the dirt will not ruin your flooring.
- Now put on the safety gears we have mentioned above.
- Then take your oven cleaners, spray it all over the inside of your oven. Make sure that the cleaner reaches even on the most challenging corners.
- Then wait for 20 to 30 mins, for the cleaner to sit and start its action. You can also read the label on the product to get specified instructions.
- In the meantime, you can start cleaning the separated racks using the same cleaner. You can take a large clean trash bucket, put the shelves inside it, and spray the cleaner. Please wait for 10 to 20 mins so that the cleaner can work on it.
- After waiting for the specified time, take a clean wet rag and wipe out all the dirt. Rub the cloth properly all over to remove the stubborn spots.
- You can clean the racks by taking them out from the trash bucket and washing with hot soapy water. You can use a sponge in case of grimes.
- Finally, dry the racks before placing them back into the oven.
You can repeat the same procedure with water and baking soda. But in that case, you should wait for at least 10 to 12 hours for the mixture to start working. Clean the oven whenever you think that it has gone dirty. Look after its appearance and see if there is any smell. If you want to maintain regularity in cleaning, do that once in three months. Follow the steps given above to keep a healthy and clean oven.